Friday, January 07, 2005

I'm back...

... in town after a wonderful holiday, and back to serious blogging. This post is merely for updates on my life for everyone who asked.

I was in Seattle for Christmas, where I spent time with my cousins Rohan and Susan. From Seattle, I went to Cleveland, where I celebrated New Year's day with Natasha and Jesse. (Actually, I seem to recall we celebrated every day but New Year's; we got up that morning, a little disgruntled at the lack of a church service, drove around Cleveland until we realized that every place we wanted to go was closed for the holiday, then went back and vegetated on the couch until dinner.) Actually, I seemed to eat and sleep through most of the holiday... exactly what I needed after a hectic semester and the nightmare that was grading the CS 225 final.

One of the highlights of the trip was learning to play golf; another was The Incredibles (and, of course, Bouncin'). Spanglish was nowhere near as good. Still better was the quantity of shopping I got done; I came back to Champaign-Urbana with over 20 books, 2 paintings now on display in my living room, a dart board, and a miniature foosball table, among other things. Best of all was the time spent with family I hadn't been with in a long time.

Two New Year's resolutions
1. To post here more often!
2. To be more grateful for the wonderful people in my life... my family (all of whom came through the Tsunami okay in spite of being in affected areas; a cousin and his wife had a very near escape.) and friends. I'm not going to list all their names and risk leaving someone out by accident; you all know who you are, and you should also know that I love you very much.

I think I'll move on to some serious posts before this gets any more sentimental. Happy New Year, everyone!

No comments: